Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Boy pants

Waar zijn de pijpen van Wally

If you have sons, you are forced to learn how to sew. Boy's clothing in shops is either cheecky, childish or extremely expensive.

The advantage of homemade children's clothing is that your child looks more unique. And I think Abel will definitely look unique in these three cheerful summer pants.


Waar is Wally Paars met een bolleke Gestreept met wat oker


Because sometimes, our sons want to be extravagant as well. It doesn't always have to be skirts and dresses!

Blauw/geel met geschilderde knoop

Three times the same pants.
I've spent more time looking for 2 fitting buttons than the actual sewing. In the end, I just took two white buttons and painted them blue. You can never have enough fabric or paint.

Waar is Wally knoop

I immediately knew which buttons had to go with this pants: the ones that Naais used for her sail boat pants.
Nice combination, right?



Paars broekje, gestoffeerde knoop

Another button problem. I couldn't find any normal yellow button in my collection, let alone nice ones. So I made another pair of buttons again, using a set of metal buttons that you can cover with fabric (always handy to have this on hand in different sizes).

Blauw/geel pijp

And voila, ready! What would I need a daugther for?!

5 comments:

  1. YES! I have two boys and know exactly what you mean! Love these! Left a comment on your other blog but now I understand you post the same things in English here, right? I've only just very recently discovered your blog... So much inspiration! Where is this pattern from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color combinations. The red striped one reminds me a little of an Evel Knievel jumpsuit -- I hope that your boy doesn't take to jumping his bike over something flaming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are wonderful!!
    I agree all the boy stuff in shops is too sporty or something!

    ReplyDelete