
I'm quite lazy at sewing. If I can save time, I will. This skirt for instance doesn't have a zipper. It has a lowered waist line and I can pull it over my head to put it on - at least when I'm not wearing a push-up bra.
It's not always that elegant putting on your skirt this way, and it has happened more than once that I had to be helped out of a skirt that was just a little too small. But hey, this skirt took me only 20 minutes to sew (which would have been at least 6 minutes more if I had used a zipper).
For the same reason I also switched to white wine in bottles with a screw top. There you go, another 2,45 minutes saved!
I used a fabulous fabric for my skirt, but a tiny bit too thin not to use lining. So I used thin, yellow cotton to cut my lining from. Exactly the same pattern but one cm shorter at the bottom to make sure that the lining doesn't show.
So, let's summarize:
1 front piece, 1 back piece. Sew the sides of the skirt together and the sides of the outer skirt. Sew the two skirts together at the top and keep your fingers crossed when you try on the skirt.
In case it doesn't fit, you can always insert a zipper - no problem.
Or you can loose weight - big problem.


Ik begin te denken dat de meeste andere naaisters liever 6 minuten langer naaien en een rits inzetten, dan het rokje over het hoofd te moeten trekken :-)
ReplyDeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is so lovely and I am happy to find!
The skirt is very cute! It's funny you cross your finger and see the result;)
So many great tips and lovely projects here at your place :)
ReplyDelete