Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Forever winter?

Vogelboom
The weather stays cold and drizzly in zsazsaland and the weatherman doesn't promise any improvement. There is no sunshine after the rain, only frost and more snow.

A few days ago, I read somewhere that in order to get enough vitamin D a child should go outside for at least two hours a week. Oops, I don't think we're getting at two hours a week. Jef plays outside in kindergarten but Abel and me stay inside the house most of the time. So I put 'going outside with the children' straight away on my to-do-list.

As soon as Jef came home from school, we put on our coats and boots and went hiking. As usual, we came home with a lot of junk branches, which this time I didn't throw away quietly but used to make a tree. I always keep bird food in the house, and so we decided to make a Bird Feeding Tree.

vogelboom
Everything was quiet for the first half hour but then they came flying: sparrows, blackbirds, a robin and, ehm, great tits. Yep, look it up.
And today I took this picture of the tail tits in the snow.

Well, winter is not so bad after all.

Come on spring!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea! The birds are probably just as tired of the weather as we are!

    ReplyDelete