
I saw this scarf on Modcloth. But it costs $139!
I decided that I would be able to make the same scarf for a lot less money. Or at least I decided that there had to be someone who would be able to make me one for a lot less money. And I found her. I made her a purse and got this scarf 'almost' for free.
I mainly wanted the scarf because of the lovely buttons: wooden hearts. Although I didn't have to knit the scarf, I was in charge for the buttons. Unfortunately, I don't possess any carpentry skills, so I had to find another material. Instead of wood, I used clay painted with several layers of acrylic. And up to now it works (and looks) great!


this is a lovely scarf, but $139 is quite a sum :) I'd love to see how yours turned out full size, but the color is great and the heart buttons are adorable.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great job you did with the button! Have you worked with clay before?
ReplyDeleteMary, no this was the first time, if you do not count the ashtray I once made for my mother. ;-)
ReplyDelete